Roasted Salmon With Watermelon Salsa
First thing that comes to mind when I think of summer is watermelon, as far as I’m concerned it ain’t summer until I have watermelon dripping down my chin. Anyone else? The watermelon salsa will work with any kind of fish or other protein, the fresh cucumber and mint along with cilantro give it an added bite and freshness. If you’re not a salmon fan, feel free to get creative. Its really easy and fast for a weeknight meal that’s also healthy and delicious, I hope you’ll give this a shot!
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb salmon, cut into 4 filets
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 limes
- 2 cups finely diced watermelon
- 1 cup finely diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the salmon filets on a foil-lined baking sheet, rub evenly with the coriander and chili powder, then juice one of the limes over the filets and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the salmon for 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- For the salsa: combine the juice of remaining lime, watermelon, cucumber, red onion, mint, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Stir to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, top the roasted salmon generously with watermelon salsa and serve atop a bed of your favorite carb . I chose quinoa, but it goes really well with brown rice too!