Grilled Peach Salad with Beets and Goat Cheese
Just about anything can be thrown on a grill – so why not peaches. This salad is unique, delicious and always impresses guests. The arugula is great complimenting it with a nutty flavor.
Select peaches on the firm side because the will soften and caramelize while on the grill
• 2 peaches, pits removed and sliced in half drizzling
• 4 medium red or golden beets
• 1/4 cup goat cheese
• 6 tablespoons olive oil, reserve half for drizzle
• 2 cups arugula
• 1/4 cup pistachios
• 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Peel the beets, toss in a bowl with olive oil, (salt and pepper, if desired) and wrap them in foil. Cook in oven until tender when pierced with fork, then slice beets.
- Meanwhile, brush olive oil on peach halves and place on grill for 3-4 minutes on med-high heat and nice grill marks have developed.
- To assemble place beets around plate in circular fashion, placing greens in middle of plate.
- Add peach atop of greens and place a dollop of goat cheese in the middle.
- Drizzle with olive oil, honey and balsamic glaze.
Sprinkle with pistachios.
Be sure to let peaches cool (unless you want wilted greens). You may also use toasted slivered almonds or walnuts as an alternative to pistachios.